Invisible BracesAn Overview
When it comes to straightening crooked teeth and addressing common malocclusion concerns, orthodontics is often the most suitable method of treatment. Dr. Dechter and Dr. Moy will recommend orthodontics for children and adult patients when appropriate to treat a range of problems, both aesthetic and structural.
Invisible braces or clear aligners can be the perfect solution for teens and adults who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns including:
- Cross bite
- Crowding of teeth, spacing issues
- Gaps between teeth
We offer Clear Correct® and MTM® clear aligner systems to straighten teeth in less time, with minimal discomfort and no dietary restrictions. Your dentist will work with you to determine the best option for your needs and to create your personalized treatment plan.
Invisible braces and clear aligners offer several key benefits:
- Discreet treatment, especially for patients who do not want the embarrassment of metal braces.
- Easily removable aligners for enjoying your favorite foods and maintaining your dental health with proper tooth brushing and flossing.
- Shorter treatment times with most patients completing their treatment in about a year.
- Comfort and convenience- the material does not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth and aligners can be transported easily when traveling.
Clear Correct vs. MTM
Although both provide a clear aligner system for straightening teeth, the severity of your oral health needs and cosmetic goals will play a role in which is recommended for you.
MTM, short for Minor Tooth Movement, provides quick and easy treatment for minor concerns. It is typically the perfect solution for adult patients with concerns more cosmetic in nature and without bite problems. Patients will usually complete treatment using MTM in about 3-6 months.