Invisible Braces An Overview
When it comes to straightening crooked teeth and addressing common malocclusion concerns, orthodontics is often the most suitable method of treatment. Silver Spring dentists, Dr. Dechter and Dr. Moy, will recommend orthodontics for children and adult patients when appropriate to treat a range of problems. We can improve both aesthetic and structural dental issues with orthodontics.
Invisible braces or clear aligners can be the perfect solution for teens and adults who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Invisalign can treat:
- Cross bite
- Crowding of teeth, spacing issues
- Gaps between teeth
We also offer ClearCorrect® and MTM® clear aligner systems to straighten teeth in less time. All of our orthodontic treatments have minimal discomfort and no dietary restrictions. Your dentist will work with you to determine the best option for your needs. After a thorough evaluation, we will create your personalized treatment plan to address all of your concerns.
Invisible braces and clear aligners offer several key benefits:
- Discreet treatment: Especially for patients who do not want the embarrassment of metal braces.
- Easily removable: Aligners can be removed to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain your dental health with proper tooth brushing and flossing.
- Shorter treatment times: with most patients completing their treatment in less than a year.
- Comfort and convenience: The material does not irritate the soft tissues of your mouth. Aligners can be transported easily when traveling.
ClearCorrect® vs. MTM®
Both of these crooked teeth treatment options provide a clear aligner system for straightening teeth. Although, the severity of your oral health needs and cosmetic goals will play a role in which is recommended for you.
MTM, short for Minor Tooth Movement, provides quick and easy treatment for minor concerns. It is typically the perfect solution for adult patients with concerns more cosmetic in nature and without bite problems. It’s best used to treat a single crooked tooth, or just a couple of crooked teeth. Patients will usually complete treatment using MTM in about 3-6 months.