With the new year fast approaching us all, many patients are starting to think about their resolutions. A common dental health resolution is achieving a straighter, more attractive smile. Traditional orthodontics has a history of metallic aesthetics and associated inconveniences that have caused people to procrastinate on seeking out straightening solutions. Fortunately, at Dechter and Moy Dentistry, we are happy to provide patients with an alternative to traditional orthodontics. Learn more about our clear braces below:
Treating Mild to Moderate Orthodontic Concerns in Silver Spring, MD
Invisible braces are actually not braces at all. Instead, they are a system of clear aligners, similar to retainers. This treatment option can be the perfect solution for teens and adults who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns. Invisible braces can treat a wide range of concerns, including:
- Cross bite
- Crowding of teeth, spacing issues
- Gaps between teeth
It’s important that we first evaluate your smile to determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment option. Drs. Dechter and Moy will consult with you on the current health of your teeth, gums, and jawbone to ensure your mouth can undergo orthodontic treatment. Additionally, severe orthodontic concerns may need more aggressive treatment. If this is the case for you, we will let you know what other alternatives are available to meet your needs.
Benefits of Invisible Braces
Many patients are excited about the idea of invisible braces. This is because they offer many special benefits that you won’t get from traditional orthodontic solutions. Some of these benefits include:
- Discreet treatment: Especially for patients who do not want the embarrassment of metal braces.
- Easily removable: Aligners can be removed to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain your dental health with proper tooth brushing and flossing.
- Shorter treatment times: with most patients completing their treatment in less than a year.
- Comfort and convenience: The material does not irritate the soft tissues of your mouth. Aligners can be transported easily when traveling.
Make 2021 The Year You Achieve Your Dream Smile
Some patients have confessed to us that 2020 took a toll on them and their dental health goals. We want to help you get back on track toward your dream smile. If you’ve been considering pursuing invisible braces for yourself, now is the perfect time to take the first step. Schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Drs. Dechter and Moy.